The nine opening acts for the inaugural #TAKEBACKYOURVOICE anti-bullying fundraiser concert at the State Theatre have been revealed.
The following bands will perform Oct. 17 on the Easton venue's main stage:
- Beautiful Oblivion (Northern Lehigh High School/Parkland High School/Nazareth High School)
- Blind Choice (Pen Argyl High School)
- Counting Clockwise (Liberty High School)
- Alyssa Garcia (Pope Paul II High School)
- Julia Gross (Belvidere High School)
- Abby Illingworth (Saucon Valley High School)
- Jameek Jones (William Allen High School)
- Rhys Williams (American Boychoir School)
- North Hunterdon High School Chorus
Singer-songwriter Flintface, whose real name, Joe Scorsone, and his band will headline the concert. Students from the show's opening sets will also perform with Flintface, according to a news release sent Tuesday.
The opening acts range from rock 'n' roll to dance, spoken word and comedy, the release states. The Easton School of Rock's Bank Street Band will perform 5:30 p.m. during a pre-show concert in the Easton Hospital Gallery.
Tickets cost $21, $11 for students. Proceeds from the event will benefit the annual Freddy Awards program, which recognizes excellence in high school theater. Show time is 7 p.m.
Scorsone, a longtime anti-bullying advocate, was originally scheduled to perform in October 2014 at the State Theatre, but the show was postponed. He was a presenter at the 2015 Freddy Awards.
Flintface's latest studio release is Hope, which features the single "Army of Rejects."
The State Theatre is located at 453 Northampton St.