The 2016 Allentown JazzFest continues to fill out its roster of performers with the additions of the Adam Niewood Quartet and trumpeter Bill Warfield & Hell's Kitchen Funk Orchestra.
Niewood and his quartet will perform May 2 in the Allentown Brew Works' High Gravity Lounge. Warfield and the Hell's Kitchen Funk Orchestra are scheduled for May 6 at Miller Symphony Hall.
The expanded festival will now be spread over 10 days at various locations throughout Allentown, set for April 29-May 8.
Here is the performer schedule:
- 8 p.m. April 29: Al Chez & The Brothers of Funk, Renaissance Ballroom, 12 N. Seventh St.
- 8 p.m. April 30: JoJo Mayer/Nerve (location TBA)
- 7 p.m. May 1: Scott Tixier (location TBA)
- 7:30 p.m. May 2: Adam Niewood Quartet, Allentown Brew Works, 812 W. Hamilton St.
- 7 p.m. May 3: Laurence Hobgood (location TBA)
- 7:30 p.m. May 4: Steve Coleman and Five Elements, MIller Symphony Hall, 23 N. Sixth St.
- 8 p.m. May 5: Lucy Woodward, Renaissance Ballroom
- 7:30 p.m. May 6: Bill Warfiled & Hell's Kitchen Funk Orchestra, Miller Symphony Hall
- 7:30 a.m. May 7: Ron McCurdy's Langston Hughes Project (location TBA)
Additional show details are expected to be announced at a later date.