ArtsQuest and the Civic Theatre of Allentown have teamed up to present the fifth annual LGBT Film Series.
The partnership is being done in conjunction with Allentown-based Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center.
Ten films spotlighting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community will be shown between Aug. 25 and Oct. 1 at ArtsQuest's Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas in Bethlehem and the Civic Theatre, according to a news release.
The series opens with a 20th anniversary screening of the award-winning 1996 documentary The Celluloid Closet. The film is narrated by comedian Lily Tomlin and features interviews with Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon, Whoopi Goldberg and Tony Curtis.
Other cinematic highlights include the award-winning 2016 Tribecca Film Festival entry Women Who Kill on Aug. 31 and the independent flick AWOL on Sept. 8. The latter was filmed in the Wilkes-Barre area, according to the release.
Tickets per screening cost $10, $8 for students and seniors at both locations.
Here is the full schedule of films:
- 8 p.m. Aug. 25: The Celluloid Closet, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28: Viva, Civic Theatre of Allentown
- 7:15 p.m. Aug. 31: Women Who Kill, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 8: AWOL, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 13: Henry Gamble's Birthday Party, Civic Theatre of Allentown
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 15: Spa Night, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 20: Two Soft Things, Two Hard Things, Civic Theatre of Allentown
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 26: Burroughs, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:15 p.m. Sept. 30: The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas
- 7:15 p.m. Oct. 1: Freeheld, Civic Theatre of Allentown
Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas is located inside the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem. Civic Theatre of Allentown is located at 527 N. 19th St., Allentown.