This weekend, as it has become the case with nearly every weekend in the Lehigh Valley, is packed to the brim with things to do, bands to see and places to be.
Here are six local shows and events worth checking out:
- Easton boutique Mercantile Home tonight will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a "Re-Launch Party" at its storefront, 140 Northampton St. Owners Ron Morris and Ken Jones Jr. are staunch, longtime supporters of the arts and music in Easton and the Lehigh Valley. Stop in, say hi and share the love. Start time is 7 p.m.
- Phillipsburg-based rockers Mosey Beat still strip down for an acoustic performance at Black & Blue, Walnut, 683 Walnut St., Easton. The band is touring in support of their recently released debut LP, Flight. Show time is 8 p.m. Free admission.
- Local musicians Carter Lansing (Acoustic Kitty Project), Mike Roi (Roi and the Secret People), Jason E. Hedrington (Roi and the Secret People/The Gonzo Project) and John Hanna will perform a tribute to country music supergroup The Highwaymen, starting at 10 p.m., at Porters' Pub, 700 Northampton St., Easton. The Highwaymen recorded three studio albums between 1985 and 1995. The band was made up of influential genre legends Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson. Admission is free.
- Folk trio Soul Folks head to in Bethlehem for a free show at Tocci's Tailgaters Pub & Grill, 1313 Center St.. Show time is 9 p.m.
- Bask in the smooth and delightful sounds of Doyle and The Deubs -- who perform a broad and diverse range of covers, from Journey to The Killers and Blackstreet -- while enjoying a pint at Hardball Cider, 553 Main St., Bethlehem. Show time is 8 p.m.
- Coming off of a busy and successful 2017, power-pop outfit Summer Scouts will close out 2017 with their final show of the year. The Allentown-based band will split a bill with The Psycho Cats at the Catasauqua Club, 226 Pine St., Catasauqua. Admission costs $7. Doors open at 7 p.m. Show time is 7:30 p.m.
What shows, performances and news are you excited about? Leave a comment below.