This weekend will mark the 10th anniversary of Record Store Day, the yearly event which honors and celebrates independent, brick-and-mortar record shops across the country.
Several Lehigh Valley stores will again participate in Saturday's festivities.
Here are the highlights:
- Spin Me Round, Phillipsburg Mall, 1200 Route 22, Pohatcong Twp.: The bands Keep Flying, Sonnder, Above the Mendoza, Houston & the Dirty Rats and Red Rocket will perform, starting at 4 p.m. Free admission.
- The Alternative Gallery, 707 N. Fourth St., Allentown: In-store concert featuring King Dead, The Road Sodas, Flip Book Oscilloscope, The Wildlings, Today We Fight with Peace, Jameek Jones and E.B. da Illest. Start time is 4 p.m. Admission costs $8. Proceeds from the show will go toward staging the annual ArtsFest celebration, which will be held in late September at Cedar Beach Park in Allentown.
- Vixen Vinyl Records, 417 Wyandotte St., Bethlehem: Radio station Spin Radio 107.1 will broadcast live from the store.
- Main St. Jukebox, 600 Main St., Stroudsburg: Guitarist Lenny Kaye, best known for his work with the Patti Smith Group, will headline a quadruple bill, rounded out by Disposable, Surf Out and Lorg.
Other participating area stores are:
- Easton Record Exchange, 56 Centre Square, Easton
- Compact Disc Center, 1365 Easton Ave., Bethlehem
- Double Decker Records, 808 St. John St., Allentown
- Young Ones, 26 S. Whiteoak St., Kutztown
- Rattail Records, 15 E. Main St., Kutztown
- Sound Effects Records, 229 Main St., Hackettstown
Naturally, Record Store Day would not be complete without exclusive albums, singles and 45s. This year's crop of exclusives includes limited releases by David Bowie, Blondie, Moorhead, The Lumineers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, All Time Low and The Smiths, among others. You can check out the complete list of releases here.